Dragon Quest Froth: Chapters of the Chosen

Category: , , , By Family Computer
Can I tell you that the only game I give a FUCK about in the upcoming months is the Nintendo DS revision of Dragon Quest IV? Little Big Planet? I don't even know what that is. Gears Of War 2? I've had enough oat meal skinned space marines thanks! And I don't even know what the heck is coming out for the Wii this fall. I don't think I even care!

Nope, just Dragon Quest IV thanks. I even swallowed my pride and pre-ordered it at a GameStop so that I can get it right on day 1 when the store opens. Maybe I'll bring my DS and just play it there instead of going right home. I think when I get it I will just play through it three times. The first time will be within a week from it's release. I hereby proclaim September 17th - 24th, 2008 as Dragon Quest Week here at BIG.



I wish I was this dude, playing Dragon Quest IV on my Nintendo DS Lite hand held gaming device! Stretched out on my bed with a Coke on my nightstand.

I love how they are re-using the engine from Dragon Quest VII for these DS remakes. It looks like 3D Super NES! You see how fast the game transitions from battles? This game doesn't jerk you around no sir. It doesn't waste your time, it doesn't assume you have nothing better to do than to play this game. You're it's guest.

I've been hearing a lot of debate over remakes in general. I am all for them, if the game is worthy. Lately I have been playing the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV, which is damn good! Taking into consideration the crappyness of the Gameboy Advance version of the game, this is the first good portable version. Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IV-VI are important entries in the genre, and their respective series. They deserve to be ported and remade again and again. After all no one is forcing you to buy them, and the games remain faithful enough to the originals so that one doesn't feel totally obligated to purchase them.

Now Square-Enix, make a DS card with Dragon Quest I-III on it.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

ARCHIVES