Rockman 9 (aka Mega Man 9 for u casuals)

Category: , , By From Software


So Capcom announced Rocku Man 9 like a few weeks ago and it looked pretty cool, the first footage was aight. Some people felt like they were limiting themselves to the Nintendo feel too much and apparently hear the music cutting out when sound effects were happening(I couldn't hear it over the Dragon Force playlist I have cranked to 11 at all times) and aside from the block effect that probably wasnt possible on the NES it looked very NES

Now we get the following video



Shit looks pretty hype to me but my original thoughts were that they would really push the envelope on the NES style of games. And it still seems true, but something about it just isn't blowing me away quite enough. I see some gimmicky new shit like a little dude carrying Megaman across the ground really fast, a weird spin block like in Top Mans stage except it spins you vertically instead of horizontally.. I mean the backgrounds generally look fresh. And the black or solid color backgrounds are always classic, even the music sounds good.. I am just hoping that the gameplay stays really true.

Part of me wants them to use Megaman 1 as the primary inspiration. Just make it super hard, no continuing via passwords. No sliding, no charging. Limited amount of Misc equipment. Get rid of Rush and most of the gay ass fan service cast. Make it really light on story.

I guess Rush and Roll are in that trailer actually, and I think I read there will be a shop system like in Megaman 7-8. So I can assume this game will pretty much suck compared to Megaman 1 and 2. Hopefully it still manages to impress
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

ARCHIVES